Grateful Anthology - Essays, Memoirs, Short stories, and Poetry
We are putting together a Gratitude themed anthology in honor of the holiday season. Poetry, prose, essay, memoirs, and short stories are all welcome for this opportunity. We are looking for your gratitude themed writeups. Tell us about family gathering, thoughtfulness, or anything else you are grateful for.
FAQ’s - Please read through these diligently before submitting:
- We accept previously published work. Given the previous publishers allows it.
- Please indicate what type of work it is on your submission.
- We will contact you about developments via the email you have listed on your submittable account
- We are not yet a paying market. Contributors will receive a PDF version of the collection unless otherwise indicated
- If you need to withdraw submission please notify us through submittable as soon as possible by email
- Contributor or Publisher may withdrawal offer of publication at anytime before print
- By submitting your work you are agreeing to and giving us non-exclusive rights to publish it/them, if selected, in the anthology described above. (Although an additional agreement will be sent after acceptance)
- You may submit to more than one genre but please do so in separate submissions. Multiple files or subs will be automatically rejected
- Edit your work before submitting it. Make sure the line breaks, stanza breaks, spelling, grammar is EXACTLY how you want it. We will publish it as it (except glaring mistakes). We want to stay true to your formatting as best we can, and will assume small variations are for artistic flare. There will be an opportunity to make small changes for grammatical mistakes during the rough draft phase. Please hold off on those requests until then.
- Quillkeepers Press has the right to make any revisions to the work in the interest of uniformity and style, but will solicit the Contributor’s approval for any major changes.
- 1 story, essay, or memoir up to 4k words.
- Up to 5 poems or prose poetry in a single document. Each selection starting on a new page.. Anything over those numbers will not be read
- Please only include a short 3rd person bio starting with your name in the application part of the submission, DO NOT include them in the body of your document. Include any information you would like the readers to know about you, including any previous publications (this will not hinder nor increase your chances of acceptance. We just enjoy celebrating your wins in our publication)
- Please include an author picture (if you want it in the anthology)
- Allow four weeks after the submission deadline date to receive a response
- Reader fees cover ad space and other overhead costs