Quillkeepers Press, LLC is holding a poetry chapbook competition to be released by Fall 2024. We will choose 1-3 winners. Those selected will be given 5 free copies of the chapbook, as well as a standard publishing contract. We do not have a specific theme in mind, we just want something that grabs us by the throat and dares to never let go. Captivate us with your words! Please keep in mind that while we are not looking for a designated theme, your work should have a central theme to it. For example, please do not send a manuscript that includes love poetry and mental health poetry. We set a deadline of March 30th, 2024 for the submission window, but will close early if we find the ideal manuscript, or extend the deadline if we do not. Our goal release dates for these collections will be Sept-Oct 2024.
*PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED WORK IS NOT ACCEPTED FOR OUR TRADITIONAL PUBLISHING OPPORTUNITIES. WHETHER IT BE SINGULAR PIECES IN THE COLLECTION OR THE ENTIRE MANUSCRIPT. PLEASE READ OUR GUIDELINES THOROUGHLY. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DISQUALIFY YOUR SUBMISSION.
FAQ’s - Please read through these diligently before submitting:
- Must be 18+ years to submit
- Manuscript should be 30-40 pages
- Please submit the entire manuscript.
- We DO NOT accept previously published work for our traditional publishing opportunity (this applies to the entire collection and includes singular pieces in magazines, anthologies, online, or any other means of publishing)
- We DO NOT accept co-author collections
- We only accept work in English.
- We will contact you about developments via the email you have listed on Submittable (please ensure that info is up-to-date)
- Our traditional publishing opportunities are paid as a percentage of royalties from sales. Payable 3 months from the last day of the month in which the sale was made to allow time for returns/exchanges/refunds unless otherwise stated in the contract
- If selected, you will receive a standard industry contract
- If you need to withdraw your submission please notify us as soon as possible by email
- Contributor or Publisher may withdraw the offer of publication at any time before the ISBN number is purchased.
- Edit your work before submitting it. We don't expect it to be perfect, but we do expect it to be professional and a reflection of you as a creative.
- We accept .doc, .docx
- Please use a 12pt, sans family font, standard size print paper (8.5x11), and 1.5 or double spaced.